Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fun In Costa Rica

Our first six days in Costa Rica have been amazing! Everything is green. I love all the plant life with little towns scattered about. We saw a sloth, monkeys, crabs, birds and raccoons. Sloths were my favorite. They're incredibly cute!

Sunday we went surfing. I stood up for about ten seconds. It was so much fun. I would love to do it again. We went to the beach twice just to swim. I taught myself to body surf. Its a great rush.

On Monday we had the whole of Manuel Antonio National Park to ourselves.
My film group is making a film on the culture of Costa Rica, so we interviewed park rangers. They were all very interesting. Today we left Manuel Antonio.

Our next stop was Carara National Park. It is right next to the ocean. Being next to the ocean is always nice. We also were able to take a tour of the park today. We saw scarlet macaws, toucans, monkeys and lizards. It was our first opportunity to trek through the jungle away from the path.

~ Arin Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment